Help with In Touch Arriving in Gmail Promotions
Our email version of In Touch is sent using a piece of software called Mailchimp. Emails sent using this software may result in the emails arriving in Spam or Gmails “Promotions” Tab. Therefore we have put together the following instructions on how to stop this happening.
- Firstly, you will need to do this by logging onto www.gmail.com instead of using an alternative email client.
- Locate the promotions tab at the top of your inbox, as shown in the image below:
- Find the most recent Community Church In Touch email and open it
- Click the drop down arrow on the right hand side of the email, and select “Filter messages like these”, as shown below
- You will then be shown a page that looks similar to the one below, don’t worry too much about what it means, just click the blue text at the bottom that says “create filter with this search”
- You will then be presented with a list of options which control how the filter you’ve created so far will be affected. The most important option here is to tick “categorise as: ” and then select “personal” from the drop down. However, we would suggest you select the following:
- Never send it to spam
- Always mark as important
- Categorise as Personal
- Also apply filter to matching conversations
- These are shown in the image below:
- Once you have selected the options you require you can press the “Create Filter” blue button.
- And that’s it, you’re done. This will mean email In Touch’s will arrive in your Primary inbox and not in the promotions window.
We hope this helps, if you have any questions please let us know.